Building Inspector: Richard Thomas
Dig Safely. Know what's below. CALL 811 before you dig.
State law requires that you call 811 before you dig. There is no cost to you.
Then WAIT the required time for all utilities to mark their lines, RESPECT the lines marked, and DIG WITH CARE.
- All building permits in the Town of Brookside are issued from the Town of Brookside.
- DO NOT PURCHASE BUILDING PERMITS FROM FREMONT COUNTY.
- You or your contractor must contact the Building Inspector, Richard Thomas, in order to obtain a permit for:
- New construction
- Remodeling work
- Major repairs
- Roofing work
- Please call the Town Clerk's Office at 719-276-3436 to leave a message for the Building Inspector.
- Permits for Septic Tanks ARE obtained from the County Health Department and are required for new septic fields AND for septic system repairs.
- Electrical and plumbing permits MUST BE purchased from the State Inspectors who have offices in the Fremont County Administration Building.
- The Town's Building Inspector cannot sign off on work that does not have documentation for septic, electrical, and plumbing inspections.
- A mortgage lender may ask for valid inspections and permits.
You may download the Building Permit Application here.
The Town of Brookside has adopted the following by ordinance:
- THE INTERNATIONAL BUILDING CODE AND INTERNATIONAL RESIDENTIAL CODE 2003 EDITIONS
- THE 2006 EDITION OF THE INTERNATIONAL ENERGY CONSERVATION CODE
- FEMA FLOOD DAMAGE PREVENTION